Do you love to puzzle with data? Are you interested in data analysis in Life Sciences? Do you want to contribute to clinical research? Then our traineeship OCS Life Sciences is the first step in your career!
What can you expect?
The OCS Life Sciences Traineeship is a two-month self-paced training programme in which you will be given the chance to develop and demonstrate your technical and analytical talent, your communication and social skills, and your capability to manage yourself. The first part is dedicated to self-paced learning in order to prepare for the ‘SAS Base Programming for SAS 9’ exam. We will provide you with everything you need, including the help of our senior programmers and statisticians. After earning this credential, we will teach you about the basics of CDISC SDTM, a data standard the pharmaceutical industry has adopted. The final step is to put your obtained knowledge into practice by developing SDTM datasets and tables, listings, and figures for a sample clinical trial using SAS. During this period you will again be supported by our most experienced members of staff who will teach you the tricks of the trade.
After successfully passing the OCS Life Sciences Traineeship you will be granted a permanent position within OCS Life Sciences as Junior Consultant where you can further develop your skills through trainings and fulfill your ambitions as a team member in OCS’ challenging projects and assignments.
- have an MSc in a life sciences related field;
- have strong social and communicative skills;
- have experience and affinity with data preparation and analysis;
- want to contribute to improving health and well-being;
- are a problem solver with an analytic mindset;
- are proficient in the English language.
What do we offer?
Above all we offer you the chance to work with the leading organisations in the Life Science industry. To ensure you are well equipped for the task, we offer you the required training and exposure to experienced and motivated colleagues to exchange knowledge. We offer:
- An employment contract for an indefinite period after completing the paid traineeship successfully;
- A position with excellent conditions (24-28 holidays, holiday pay (8%), participation in the company pension scheme) and the option to buy extra holidays;
- Flexible career development options and inter-disciplinary collaboration
Who we are
OCS Life Sciences is a specialist consultancy and contract research organisation (CRO). OCS Life Sciences offers services in data management, programming, and statistics for clinical research. Our project portfolio includes for example the analysis and visualisation of clinical trial data, the development of standardised reporting environments, and the implementation of data standards. We do this with a team of both young professionals and senior consultants, in which we continuously invest to ensure that we provide the best in terms of quality, flexibility, and creativity.
OCS Life Sciences is a business unit of OCS Consulting, a successful IT consultancy specialised in the use of SAS software.
- an employment contract for an indefinite period after completing the paid traineeship successfully.
- a position with excellent conditions: 24-28 holidays (and the option to obtain extra holidays), 8% holiday allowance, participation in the company pension scheme.
- flexible career development options and inter-disciplinary collaboration
If you want to be part of our experienced team, if you want to thrive in a challenging environment of collaboration and flexibility, if you are eager to learn new skills to achieve your full potential and if you are a team player, then OCS Consulting is the right company for you!
No agencies please!
Fatima: “During my master’s thesis, I worked with data reports on medicines and found that to be very interesting. After finishing, I wanted to expand my knowledge on data analysis. At the OCS Life Sciences Boot Camp I learned about the basic concepts and options of SAS. I appreciated the presence of peers who started together with me on this journey. But also the help that was offered by others at the office. I have obtained my SAS certificates and really enjoy applying my knowledge in challenging projects. So far, this is a great experience!”