Junior SAS Architect
Are you the enthusiastic and motivated Junior SAS Architect we are looking for? Do you feel at home in a dynamic IT consultancy world? Do you want to advice and guide our clients in the process of choosing, designing, and implementing the best SAS software solution for them? Then OCS Consulting has the perfect job for you!
What we do
OCS Consulting is a leading SAS consultancy with offices in the Netherlands, the UK, Belgium, and Switzerland, with clients around Europe, and is looking to recruit a permanent Junior SAS Architect based in the Netherlands. We deliver a range of services from SAS Consulting Services, SAS Environment Support and SAS Software Reseller for our corporate clients.
What you will do
You will work with independently as well as with our team of experienced SAS Solution Architects to propose, design, and implement SAS software solutions for our clients. You will work directly with our clients and their various stakeholders. In our ambition to maintain long lasting relationships with our client's quality is our top priority – and thus should be yours too!
Your main responsibilities are:
- Collecting user requirements and convert them into and solution designs
- Managing your own projects and working with other projects to ensure timely delivery
- Learning about the latest development in SAS, cloud solutions and Kubernetes, and understanding how they interact
- Supporting our Sales and Account Managers in pre-sales and identifying new opportunities
What we are looking for
You have experience with IT and affinity with SAS. You have the ambition to learn and to be or become the best in class. Having some experience with administrating, deploying, or migrating software (SAS or otherwise), or providing IT consultancy services, would be advantageous.
Our requirements are:
- 2-5 years of IT experience
- 1-3 years of SAS administration, installation, migration, or architecture
- Ambition to keep up with latest technological developments
- Delivery and solution oriented
- Excellent communication in English
Our ideal candidates also have one or more of the following:
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Experience with clouds (e.g. Azure)
- Experience with pre-sales or project management
- Experience from professional services or consultancy
- Experience from life sciences or the pharmaceutical industry
- Advanced level of communication in Dutch, French or German
- Experience with BI/ETL/data analysis/statistics tooling other than SAS
- Experience with developing code and/or reports (with or without SAS)
- Affinity with software sales
- Confident presentation and pitching skills
- Comfortable when working autonomously and within a team environment
In return we can offer:
Join a company that values long-term relationships with staff, clients and partners. All our relationships are based on a partnership model of collaboration, trust and respect. Our employees are vital to our success and we aim to attract the best people who will stay and grow with us. Furthermore we offer:
- A competitive salary with 8% holiday allowance
- 24-28 leave days, with option to buy 13 more
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Participation in the company’s pension scheme
- Opportunities to progress, both in terms of skills and experience for the motivated and talented individual.
If you want to be part of our experienced team, if you want to thrive in a challenging environment of collaboration and flexibility, if you are eager to learn new skills to achieve your full potential and if you are a team player, then OCS Consulting is the right company for you!
Please use the button below to apply or call Marlies Nering Bögel at +31 (0)73 523 6000 for more information. No agencies please!
Miles: “With OCS Consulting the most important skill you need to have in a role as SAS Administrator is perseverance. Some problems are very persistent and require many hours of reading and researching. But interpersonal and social skills are also essential. You need to be able to interact with people. Sometimes you get a call and the client is quite stressed, then you need to be able to diffuse the situation and get to the heart of the problem. You may also make a new friend, which is always nice.”
Rocco: De belangrijkste vaardigheden die je als IT Consultant bij OCS Consulting moet hebben zijn flexibiliteit en zelfstandigheid. Omdat je vaak moet schakelen tussen verschillende organisaties en rollen binnen deze organisaties. Ook is het de taak van de consultant om de verantwoording op zich te nemen over het project waarin hij actief is. Dit maakt het boeiend voor mij.”