Oracle Database and Development Services
OCS Consulting has been providing client / server and internet application software services, using Oracle's database and development tools for over 25 years. OCS has delivered a range of solutions based on Oracle technologies, providing Consultancy, Support and Application Development for projects both on and off-site. OCS' Oracle DBA's / Developers and Analyst Programmers are experienced in a range of technologies.
- Oracle accredited OCS employee based DBA's / developers / analyst programmers
- Knowledge sharing, skills transfer and continuity of service
- OCS Oracle Consultants are experienced in a range of business sectors and processes with a broad domain knowledge
- Wide range of complementary services to support projects
- Off-site development facilities to minimise overheads
- Cost-effective and competitive fee structures.
- 1st / 2nd / 3rd line production support on all current and legacy releases of Oracle (from Oracle 7.0 to current version)
- Databases migration and upgrading including Cross platform (Solaris, AIX, Linux)
- Design and Implementation for Data and infrastructure consolidation and cost reducing
- Backup and recovery design/implementation/administration (Oracle RMAN & Netbackup)
- DataCentre migrations
- Golden Gate data replication and administration
- Oracle data Guard setup/troubleshooting and administration
- PL/SQL, SQL and batch scheduling support
- Monitoring and alerting (OEM Grid, BMC Patrol, etc) services
- Patching management and provisioning
- Production DBA training
- Design implementation tailored solutions for Oracle monitoring and administration.
- Full APEX development outsource: responsibility is transferred
- Supplemental: extending your current APEX team
- Performance tuning APEX apps
- Ad-hoc: calling in when required
- APEX training/consultancy
- Full lifecycle development.
- Supporting engineered solutions (1st / 2nd / 3rd line DBA support)
- Support for Oracle RDBMS versions 11gR2 and 12c1
- Patching and provisioning management
- Capacity planning and sizing solutions
- Backup and recovery solutions, design and implementation
- Resource management, monitoring and alerting solutions
- Conversion and cutover solutions from legacy Oracle and non Oracle systems.
Oracle Data Integrator
- Build and support data warehouses/data marts/data stores.
- Build and support data integration and transformation routines from Heterogeneous systems.
- DB to DB and File to DB data processing.
- Data Quality maintenance and Data Model design.
- ETL Performance tuning.
- Full lifecycle ETL development.
- Database server performance analysis and tuning
- Application (SQL, PL/SQL) tuning
- Scalability, stress and endurance testing
- Consultancy and training.
- Oracle Real Application Clusters and HA solutions design/build/support/administration
- Platform engineering ( Solaris, AIX, Linux)
- Database storage engineering (SAN, NFS, NAS, ZFS)
- Business Continuity solutions design, commissioning and deployment
- Consultancy and training.
An overview of some of the projects we have delivered to Clients can be found below:
A Global Insurance Organisation
OCS were called upon by a global insurance organisation after a large acquisition was made, OCS were tasked with the job of integrating the acquisitions Oracle estate within the clients internal platforms, OCS covered all aspects of this project, including the design of all databases, specification for the correct infrastructure setup, installing on a Linux VM with Data Guard replication. OCS carried out the data cut-over, once this was complete OCS then undertook data quality assessment to ensure any data errors could be noted and addressed. During this integration OCS upgraded from Oracle 10g to Oracle 19c and once live OCS supported the system. In addition, OCS undertook changes to fix some outstanding performance issues and to automate some processes.
Leading NfP Organisation
OCS Consultants were tasked to analyse and develop data integration strategies as per the Client's standards for a development of Data App. Implementing a Data transformation process using ODI 12C from multiple source systems, e.g. Flat Files, SQL Server, Postgre DB and Oracle 19c database and to create a Data Warehouse. Maintain the Data dictionary and technical documentation for the developed logics in Confluence. Management of the DDL scripts and PL-SQL code versions in the Bitbucket. OCS Consultants worked closely with a BA and quality engineers to understand and estimate the tasks providing a timely solution.
A leading Media Company
OCS Consultants undertook multiple Oracle database legacy conversion from 11gR1 to 11gR2 (184.108.40.206) Exadata as a consolidation platform exercise for a number of high end transactional billing and distribution systems. Databases of various sizes are in the process of migration, the smallest 200gb the largest 20Tb. In moving to a 2 compute node Oracle Exadata X3 platform (OEL V5.5), OCS was also tasked with looking at ways of improving throughput, increasing system stability and driving down storage costs.
An International Travel Company
OCS offered 3rd line support for a new Exadata 11gR2 (X2 half rack 4 compute and 7 cell node) deployment covering a variety of Oracle database types (Datawarehouse. OLTP and DS system) as a consolidation engine. OCS initially reviewed current performance issues with the DSS loaded application, determined the root cause, having checked cell/compute node utilisation, recommended plan stability fixes using SPM and implemented these changes resulting in a tenfold reduction in batch runtimes to bring application runs in tolerance.
A large UK Investment Bank
OCS Consultants were tasked to analyse, full performance review and recommended beneficial improvements to the Banks critical business systems, for high net worth individuals and corporate clients, running on either Investment or Retail Bank Oracle database infrastructures. To assist 1st line production support DBAs in performance and stability problem diagnosis and resolution of production issues on a number of systems under review, supported production rollout of code, tuned pre-release code/test harnesses and performance engineered production solutions fit for production running and migration strategies from legacy Oracle solutions to Linux/Oracle RAC cloud based infrastructure. This has been across platform and operating versions including AIX, Solaris and Linux (Red Hat 6) covering Oracle 10gR2/1, 11gR2/1 and Oracle 12c.
A Multi-national Software House
OCS Consultants were involved in assisting with a 22,000 concurrent user performance test covering the whole business lifecycle for online day peak hour processing, batch overnight activities, Oracle Apex front end development, Oracle Streams replication and data migration utilities. Also responsible for upgrade of the database architecture from Oracle RAC 10gR2 to 11gR2 (1 terabyte database) performance engineering regression testing and evaluation of new 11g performance features under full peak load.
A European Telecoms Regulator
OCS Consultants were asked to design, engineer and build Oracle 64 bit 11gR2 Linux RedHat 5.5 RAC clusters to support the clients Spectrum Analysis application with full disaster recovery infrastructure using Oracle Dataguard for both pre-production (UAT) and production services. The current production system (MS Windows Server 2003) was underperforming and experiencing serious performance degradation when under load. Implementing Red Hat 5.5 Linux the solution improved the business with significantly enhanced systems stability and reliability. This deployment was delivered ahead of schedule and on budget.
UK Internet Gaming Company
OCS were asked to undertake full performance engineering analysis on the core trading system supporting 10,000 concurrent sessions across two RAC Linux Red Hat 5.4 clusters running Oracle 11gR2 CRS and 11gR2 RDBMS on a 1.3 terabyte OLTP database.
If you are looking for additional help around your Oracle estate send an email to Linda or James to discuss how our experience and capability can bring value to you.