PowerBuilder (Appeon) Consultancy, Development, Migrations and Support
OCS first began providing PowerBuilder based consultancy, application development, migration expertise, maintenance and support services in the 1990s. Many businesses continue to benefit from their PowerBuilder application and database systems, often extending their input via integration with new platforms and interfaces that OCS has assisted with the implementation.
We provide PowerBuilder Solutions across the UK, Switzerland, Netherlands and Belgium and offer remote support to countries outside the EU. Specialist domain expertise including Automotive, Retail, Financial Services, Not for Profit and Insurance.
Together with experienced Consultants and our leading Clients, OCS has the knowledge and experience to define, implement and support an appropriate PowerBuilder Solution for your business
A broad and varied range of PowerBuilder based clients use OCS' PowerBuilder Service to sustain and extend their PowerBuilder application suite. Securing existing or pursuing new value from the PowerBuilder suite is guaranteed with OCS' PowerBuilder Service.
Appeon's PowerBuilder 2017 release reactivated business focus on PowerBuilder applications, initially providing updates to maintain support for PowerBuilder with version 12.6 and below unsupported from June 2018 . Today, the focus is on getting the most from web services, designed with interoperability, security and performance.
Founded in 1994, OCS PowerBuilder Solutions is a specialist division of OCS Consulting plc established in 1984. OCS PowerBuilder Solutions delivers services to clients globally and have active PowerBuilder assignments across Europe.
If you require help for your established PowerBuilder applications then drop an email to Linda or James to discuss how our experience and capability can bring value to you.
Examples of PowerBuilder (Appeon) projects
- Upgrade of a Belgian Bank systems, from PowerBuilder 12.6 to PowerBuilder 2017R3 and the implementation of GIT for source code storage
- Enhancements to an internal Client's Marine Asset Management system in PowerBuilder 2019R2
- Migration from a UN Agencies Pension System from PowerBuilder 12.5 to PowerBuilder 2017R
- Business as Usual (BAU) service for two PowerBuilder systems that support the UK business units of a global automotive organisation, including an on-client site service desk including enhancements and migration from version 12.6 to version 2017R3
- Updates to an Insurance Claims Management System based on PowerBuilder to provide web and smart device access to claimants and assessors whilst at remote locations
- Migration for Health Insurance Systems for multiple UN Agencies from PowerBuilder 7 / SQL Server 2000 to PowerBuilder 12.6 / SQL 2012
- PowerBuilder consultancy for assessing and recommending technology upgrades to the IT platform as well as advising on integration and web services for a large London based financial institution
- Operational Support (SLA based) for a national financial services consortium’s PowerBuilder applications overseeing contract administration and reporting, including provision of an end client portal with portfolio and product performance and visualisation capabilities
- PowerBuilder upgrade project from v12 to v12.5.1 / SQL Server 2008 – 2012 of a core business system for a global motor manufacturer in their Warranty, Parts and Dealer areas
- Analysis, design and implementation of a property rent and yield analysis system developed in PowerBuilder and MS SQL Server with OLE interfaces to an Excel spreadsheet for an international Property Management Group
- Enhancements to a PowerBuilder v12 on SQL Server 2012 global capacity management system for an international telecommunications provide to model and optimise the expanded global network
- Designed and delivered a national resource management system to model a branch network exceeding 3000 sites. The modelling component was refreshed monthly from the mainframe central systems as well as several PoS applications. It was identified that the modelling was capturing, cleansing, storing and analytically structuring the data more accurately and timely than the central Data Warehouse, so an extension to provide Branch BI (KPI Dashboards, MI Reporting, Analytical Cubes) was provided.
- Designed and built a PowerBuilder financial system to reconcile credit agreements against orders for a leading UK Retail chain
- Provision of expert advice and guidance on the use of PowerBuilder in an n-tier architecture Global clearance system, comprising hands-on coaching, implementation of best practice and application design reviews for a Worldwide Shipping Organisation.