Clinical SAS Specialist, (32-40 hrs)
We are looking for an experienced SAS programmer with experience developing solutions for pharmaceutical and life sciences companies. These solutions typically support data managers, statistical programmers and biostatisticians in their day-to-day work.
In addition to SAS programming you will be involved in both the implementation and the exploitation of Statistical Computing Environments for our clients. This includes SAS LSAF (Life Science Analytics Framework) and may extend into other platforms as well as integration with R or Python.Our ideal candidate has experience programming in SAS for the development of macros and utilities, including the creation of functional and technical design. You have a good understanding of general IT concepts as well as the importance of a structured working environment and proper access permissions. You are well aware of the requirements of Good Clinical Practice
Your responsibilities include:
- Helping clients select, implement, and exploit their Statistical Computing Environments;
- Providing functional and technical advice and assistance for architecture and intended use of systems;
- Development of SAS solutions that help users get more out of their systems;
- Support in QA (Quality Assurance) processes by writing and/or executing test scripts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field;
- 3+ years of experience working in the pharmaceutical industry;
- A strong understanding of general IT concepts;
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills;
- Proven analytical and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Excellent communication and client-oriented service skills.
What we offer:
Join a company that values long-term relationships with staff, clients and partners. All our relationships are based on a partnership model of collaboration, trust and respect. Our employees are vital to our success and we aim to attract the best people who will stay and grow with us. Furthermore we offer:
- A competitive salary with 8% holiday allowance
- 24-28 leave days, with option to buy 13 more
- Reimbursement of travel costs
- Participation in the company’s pension scheme
- Opportunities to progress, both in terms of skills and experience for the motivated and talented individual.
Who we are
OCS Life Sciences is a specialist consultancy and contract research organisation (CRO). OCS Life Sciences offers services in programming and statistics for clinical research. Our project portfolio includes for example the analysis and visualisation of clinical trial data, the development of standardised reporting environments, and the implementation of data standards. We do this with a team of both young professionals and senior consultants, in which we continuously invest to ensure that we provide the best in terms of quality, flexibility, and creativity.
OCS Life Sciences is a business unit of OCS Consulting, a successful IT consultancy specialised in the use of SAS software.
If you want to be part of our experienced team, if you want to thrive in a challenging environment of collaboration and flexibility, if you are eager to learn new skills to achieve your full potential and if you are a team player, then OCS Consulting is the right company for you!
No agencies please! Acquisition through this vacancy is not appreciated. O.C.S. Consulting accepts no unwanted help from (recruiting) bureaus. CV’s being sent to any employee of O.C.S. Consulting without a specific assignment/contract will be treated as our property and be used as such, for which no payment is due.
Fatima: “During my master’s thesis, I worked with data reports on medicines and found that to be very interesting. After finishing, I wanted to expand my knowledge on data analysis. At the OCS Life Sciences Boot Camp I learned about the basic concepts and options of SAS. I appreciated the presence of peers who started together with me on this journey. But also the help that was offered by others at the office. I have obtained my SAS certificates and really enjoy applying my knowledge in challenging projects. So far, this is a great experience!”